Bank of Ceylon
The saga of Bank of Ceylon (BOC) began on 1st of August 1939 under Bank of Ceylon Ordinance No. 53 of 1938, the Governor of Ceylon, Sir Andrew Caldecott, declared open the maiden office of Sri Lanka’s first state-owned commercial bank in Fort, Colombo.
BOC is a licensed commercial bank established under the Banking Act No. 30 of 1988. The registered office is situated at No. 01, BOC Square, Bank of Ceylon Mawatha, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka.